1.2. Detailed Product Design
In this design sprint we create the final product design based on the design concepts
Use the results
• as input to DFM phase
• to make high-fidelity prototypes that look just like the final product
• to show your product in exhibitions
• to start your kickstarter or indiegogo campaign
• to shoot product videos
You should provide
• manufacturing budget,
• manufacturing technology, if you already decided on one,
• tech specs if applicable,
• contact details of other project participants eg. marketing or manufacturing team
Evaluation of concepts
Best design concept is selected or merged. Keeping user scenario in mind, we define the final surface geometry, usage, assembly and maintenance process.
Parting & material selection
Based on the final surface, we design a solid model cut into parts. We define surface quality and colours.
We take special care on details, especially the ones that are relevant to refine the main functionality and optimise manufacturing.
We provide real-time CAD data shared in Autodesk cloud. You can download in different formats any time, anywhere. CAD data output from this phase can be directly used for starting manufacturing design – no further conversion or re-building is needed.
We create photo-realistic renderings for presentation purposes. These can be used in printed or digital communication materials.
3D-printed concept prototypes help validating and evaluating design concepts.
*Design service fee excludes prototype manufacturing costs.